Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I have a mom shaped hole in my heart...times two

    I have a mom shaped hole in my heart...times two.
I lost two amazing women last year and today I can't stop thinking about Diane's passing.
I happened two months after my mom died. I watched my daughter cry and my husband shut down and all I could do was live...barely.

I tip-toed through my days trying not to upset anyone. Trying to keep my head above water. Trying to just keep the tiniest smile on my girls face and the pain out of my loves eyes...I failed!

I failed in a fog.

I failed in pain.

I just simply failed!

It does get easier. It gets softer. It gets less {knife in the heart}, and yet...it still hurts and makes my eyes leak.

My sweet girl still talks of her grammers and her Gigi but I am learning to love it. The simplicity of a child's heart helps us all along.

Diane, I loved you and I didn't tell you often enough.
 til we meet again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment