Saturday, February 26, 2011

I almost lost you last week

You have always been my rock.  My protector and center.  


You were there the minute I was born and for each and every wonderful moment of my life and most of the not so wonderful.


Last week you almost left me.  You got pneumonia and almost died.  I will tell you today that it was the scariest moment of my life.  


You told me you loved me, you said you were scared, you then floated back to lala land.  I sat and watched as you tried to breathe.  I tried not to cry every time I looked at you.  


Today, I sat with you at home.  Enjoying some small talk and snuggle time with my sweet little girl and my very favorite Nana.  You are amazing!  You are strong. You are a fighter and you are an inspiration.  


I will enjoy each and every moment from this day forward knowing that I almost lost you last week.  



2 comments:

  1. Oh Ara! I had no idea Evie was sick. I haven't been on the computer all week as we were helping Cheech move! I am sooo glad she is doing well. Timmy has had pneumonia and it is SCARY! We'll keep Evie in our prayers:). That picture of all of you is so sweet:).

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry...it was NANA!! Oh my....I am so glad she is OK, too:)!! Tell her we are praying for her!! She is so amazing and I have the best memories of her....and she never changes!! I don't think she has aged a bit since I saw her last:). What a wonderful person she is....I am so glad she is over the pneumonia:).

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete