Saturday, January 22, 2011

Want...

2001...25 years old.  I want to travel, to see the world.  To find adventure and joy along the way.  I want a semester in London to finish my degree...just fluff classes.  I want designer shoes and purses.  I want a fast little sports car.  I want jewelery and flash.  I want friends...lots of friends and boys...lots of boys!


2006...30 years old.  I want a home.  I want to find love.  I want a ring on my finger.  The ever lasting kind of love that makes your heart swell when you talk about it and your fingers tingle.  I want stability and peace of mind.  I want a relationship with my Lord that is a friendship not a passing thought.  I want a reliable car and a good place to live. 


2011...35 years old.  I want to continue to grow in my relationship with my Lord and heavenly Father.  I want to build on my amazing marriage and make sure he knows everyday that he is the best thing that ever happened to me.  I want my baby girl to grow up to be kind and smart.  Healthy and strong.  I want to be healthy and I want my family to be healthy and happy.


These thoughts have been running through my head for weeks.  The idea of WANT.  Every day I have wants that are little and meaningless.  I want coffee when I wake up, sun...I always want sunshine, Evie to be happy and less toddlery (this will pass I'm sure and then I'll be wishing she was little again), treats, I always want treats. 


I also am really wanting some things I can't have right now.  Things that are not important to the wants above.  I want a house.  A real house with a back yard, a front porch, a couple of bedrooms, a cute kitchen and a dining room.  I want this the moment I wake up and its often one of the last thoughts before I close my eyes at night.  I dream about it sometimes.  I plan how I'm going to decorate and where I'm going to put all my favorite things.  I spend hours everyday daydreaming and tons of time at night reading blogs and finding new ideas.  


Funny thing is when I really think about it and when I wrote my wants for my 35 year old self the house wasn't important enough to list.  My faith, my marriage and my baby girl are though.


The point to this rambling long winded thought.  WANT is a fickle critter.  It wanders through our thoughts and messes with our hearts.


I want everyday.  Today, tomorrow, and each day after that to be exactly the way the Lord deems for me.  I want to follow him and allow him to gift me what he sees I need.  Hoping that by allowing Him to lead me I will see each day and thing that comes to me as a gift and quit wishing and hoping for things that are currently out of reach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment