Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My blog is about being thankful...sometimes I fall short.

It's called SEASONS of thankfulness.  Not I'm thankful all the time.  Not I always remember to be thankful.  Truth is I started the blog as a way of communicating what I need to communicate just for me.  It turned into a mini documentary of my daughters life mixed with tidbits and thoughts from my head.  


Lately I've been mulling over the thought of thankfulness.  I have truly been blessed by God in my life.  I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, a roof over my head and a vehicle to drive. 


I also have a husband who often forgets to show me he appreciates me, a toddler who is either needy or over the top naughty more often than not, an apartment that I not only hate but often reminds me of what I've lost, and a single vehicle to share with my hubby that I would NEVER have chosen for myself.  I don't allow myself to say these things out loud because I feel it makes me look weak and unkind.  


I daily remind myself to be grateful for what I have and not worry about what I'm missing.  I pray.  I thank God.  I focus on the good.  


In all of that I suppress my pains.  I ignore my feelings.  I don't allow myself to grief.  And for fear of how I'll behave I don't allow myself to get angry...ever! Mostly this just leads to moments of depression.  Times in my life when I just retreat inside my own head.  I shut down a bit and have no idea how to deal with it.


I wrote this months ago and never hit publish but since I'm here in this place today...I'm publishing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment