Monday, September 17, 2012

Every little girl should be a super hero

In the end of summer I find my self settling in.  Cleaning out closets, going through my fabric stash and finding myself again.  This has been a year of challenges.  My mama is not well, my friendships are struggling and often I feel just a bit lost. 

Summer makes me lazy.  Makes me melt a bit both literally and figuratively.  As the weather cools so does my mind.  I can see again and focus.  That brings me to this...my first creative moment in weeks.

My girls a super hero!  



And this is what my work space looks like.  Since making her sweet costume I've made one more complete and two more masks.  I'll finish this week so I can get the others in the mail.  I can't wait for my God Daughter to open her box!  Every little girl should be a super hero.


   As much as I struggle with self esteem and image issues I want my baby girl to know she is amazing and strong. Powerful and successful and if she can play and be happy dancing around the house while she's learning those lessons then I've succeeded!

I used this pattern as a basic to get me started on the cape and this blog post for inspiration.   Once I got started I just went for it.  I made a few paper patterns for the masks and then had fun!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment